Jump to Navigation
Subscribe to this blog’s feed Are You in Need of Expert Legal Representation? Contact Us For A Consultation. (201) 467-4180

McCurrie McCurrie
& McCurrie, L.L.C.

680 Kearny Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032-3010
Phone: (201) 467-4180
Fax: (201) 997-9567
Kearny Law Office Map
email firm here

Bold labels are required.

Please note that First AND/OR Last Name, and Email AND/OR Phone are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get divorced, change your name back

Marriage can be a very tough thing, and regardless of how easy yours may seem to be, it will likely take work one day or another. This is why a number of people in Jersey City, New Jersey, are not happy with their spouses. The marriage isn't going as expected and working for it is just not appealing. Though this may sound lazy, it is often the case in a marriage. But instead of getting divorced, many couples - especially during the recession - remain married, even though they are no longer acting as partners. This could be due to money issues or it could be caused by an unwillingness to get divorced. This often happens when there are children involved.

Instead of staying in an unhappy marriage, these couples should consider going through with the split and finalizing the divorce. According to experts, a couple that says they are married but does not act like it could be leaving themselves open to liability. While the financial benefits - tax advantages in particular - may be alluring, are they worth the anxiety and stress of being legally tied to someone you no longer love? Many people would say no. Still, many people cling to their marriages. One woman may be doing just that. She recently asked an expert about how much it would cost to get her name changed back to her maiden name because she has been estranged from her spouse for many years.

Instead of going through the legal process of a name change and dealing with the associated expenses, this woman needs to seriously consider getting a divorce. If she has been estranged for some time - so long that she wants to get her name changed back - it probably wouldn't be the first time she has thought about divorce. The bonus for her is that she can get her name legally changed during this process, giving her the ability to completely start anew.

NJ.com, "Biz Brain: No divorce, but wanting a name change" Karin Price Mueller, Sep. 01, 2013

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information