Jump to Navigation
Subscribe to this blog’s feed Are You in Need of Expert Legal Representation? Contact Us For A Consultation. (201) 467-4180

McCurrie McCurrie
& McCurrie, L.L.C.

680 Kearny Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032-3010
Phone: (201) 467-4180
Fax: (201) 997-9567
Kearny Law Office Map
email firm here

Bold labels are required.

Please note that First AND/OR Last Name, and Email AND/OR Phone are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Fighting for unmarried parents' child custody rights

When you have a child with someone who isn't your spouse, things can sometimes happen that might require you to seek custody of the child, visitation with the child or child support regarding the child. It is important for all unmarried parents in New Jersey to understand their rights when it comes to being a part of their child's life.

We understand how hard it is for unmarried parents who have to fight for their children. The first thing that an unmarried father has to do is to establish paternity. Without having paternity established, there is nothing the father or mother can do in regards to custody, visitation or support. We can help our clients to establish paternity so they can move forward with the proceedings.

Even if you have already established paternity, you might have other battles to fight. If you don't have custody of your child and the child's custodial parent wants to move away, you might want to stop that. If you do have custody of your child and want to move, you might have to get the court's permission to do so. We can help out with either side of a move away situation.

Working through child support is another issue that will likely come up. In that case, we can work with you to ensure you have properly reported all obligations, income and assets that are used in the child support formula used by the state.

No matter where you are in the child custody, visitation and support process, we can help you learn how the laws pertain to your case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information